Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 18-19

Friday was a dumb day again...well for me... I had a fever, chills, and the rest of the stuff you don't want to hear about. The team, other than Heather who was also sick and therefore stayed home with me, had there last day at the Karen worksite. They then went to the second showing of Kyle's show, where as because I still had a fever, I wasn't allowed to go :(. But, I hear it went very well and everyone loved it! (Especially Kyle, cause it was over finally :).

Saturday we went out to Karen church again, but this time we had a little friendly competition with Bible Quizzing. Heather and Brad, a married couple from the team, have been quizzing since they were in high school and brought over some sensor seats for the Free Methodist quizzers here in Kenya. We started off with a devotion by Brad. He told part of his testimony and how bible quizzing helped change his life (it's a cool story, ask me some time and I'll tell you what I remember!). We then announced the book that they were all supposed to have studied beforehand, but since quite a few of them haven't (it was Joshua 1-5) we took a half hour to study it before we started the quizzing. I had never witnessed quizzing before and it was quite fun! I can tell you right now that I wouldn't be good at it, but it's fun to watch :).

Then we had lunch and stopped home for a while before going to dinner at Java. Java is a real nice restaurant that reminds me, style wise, of noodles and company. The food though was a plethora of different foods like mexican, subs, soups, salads, fish, etc. It would've been a better experience if I wanted to actually eat, but it was still fun! Kyle and I sat next to Larry the whole time and we just talked about our futures, talents, and chinese people (ahahahaha...oh man, Larry!). After dinner, Kyle and I had a Harry Potter night!!!!! It was exactly what I needed!

So that was that week. Good times!

I love love love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment