Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 13th

Wow, I'm like a week behind...so, here we go!

So Sunday the team split up to go to two of the different Free Methodist Churches. I was with Kyle, Jill, Alice, Larry, and Deb at the Karen church, and the rest of them went to the church in Kibera. Unfortunately for our part of the group, the taxi didn't come for them until about an hour after the service started, so they weren't able to be part of the music part of the worship service. The sermon was, again, on unity...I think it's a theme for this month or something. The person who did the sermon was a woman named Polly (Polleen, something like that) and she talked about the unity between denominations, churches, and such. She was kind of hard to understand at times, but I got the gist of it.

For lunch we went to Brew Bistro & Lounge. It reminded me of a kind of jazzy club thing. Kind of ritzy, but super cool :)! I had pizza, but it didn't look like pizza when you first looked at it. It was completely covered in "rocket" lettuce and cheese. Underneath that, however, was a regular ole pizza. It tasted real good, it just looked funny :).

The rest of the day was just spent grocery shopping, making dinner for the next night, and relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. Keep the updates coming. I've seen the pictures of Cynthia. They are great. I even got to see the ones with you in them. You look good. Hitting the road soon. Will keep in touch from out west!!! Love our girl, MOM & DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I would think the music would be amazing. It is too bad they missed that part! Bye

    ReplyDelete