Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 15-17

So Tuesday and Wednesday we had pretty much the same workload. More hauling block to the top of the building, more wheelbarrowing (word? well it should be cause we did a lot of it), however, this time we mostly hauled rocks to cover the dirt that we hauled before...like we never did it at all...oh joy! (FYI; all this negativism is sarcasm...we really did have a lot of fun doing it!) We also spent a lot of time pounding down all the dirt we hauled which was quite fun...we just wet it, walked all over it, and had some dangerous tools to gracefully lift up and drop down. Ha, gracefully...that's an over statement! I only hit my head once with the heavy metal (haha, heavy metal) pounder...but that's all it took to give me quite the headache and goose egg right on my forehead! Beautiful! However, Deb, one of the team members, took this perfect opportunity to use my head for melting the frozen water bottles so we could all have cold water. I'm so glad my injury was useful for everyone :)! It was kind of my tendency to get hit in the head with metal things this week...giant metal crowbar, metal pounder thing, metal rake (thank you vickie!)...eventually, instead of checking to see if I was alright, they went right into the laughing (hahaha, it really wasn't that bad, I'm just being dramatic!).

Thursday was a garden day :). Our (the ladies) job was to weed, trim, mow, rake, etc. I found that I was indeed a decent bush groomer/trimmer person. (Kratz, more than once, I thought and mentioned how I wished I was Edward Scissorhands!) After lunch Vick and I had to leave for errands and cleaning ourselves up....because....we had Kyle's play to go to!!!!! KYLE, it was sooooo goooooood! They did the musical comedy murders of 1940, or something of that fashion (I can't remember the exact title and I'm too lazy to look it up right now). Funnily enough, Sault High Alumni Theatre actually did this play one summer, so I have seen it, but because it was a christian high school, there were enough differences that it was still really fun to watch!

Welp that was the majority of our week. It was so fun hanging out with the team and getting to know them while we killed ourselves hauling heavy, 50 lbs. blocks :)!

Keep praying for me, for as I'm catching up with my blogs, I am still doing stuff over here. This week we are teaching again at Kawangware. I will tell you more when I catch up on the blog, but be praying for me. For wisdom, strength, peace, love, and really all of the fruits of the spirit.

I love you all so very dearly, and I can't wait to see some of you in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment