Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 14th

So Monday was our first day at the worksite with the team. The site was located at the Karen church and our job was to build a second story onto the already existing children's building for more classrooms/offices and such.

Man was this first day a doozy! Our first task was to bring brick upon brick up to the top floor so they could start building the walls up. And by brick I mean huge solid stones...you can see some pics of them that I'm tagged in on my FB page. I was on the ground team which means I walked across the yard, picked one up, walked back across the yard, and then lift it up to the people on the platform, who would then lift them up to the people on the second floor. A few times my arm just died mid-lift...and then I would start laughing, so I still couldn't lift it up. It was quite the situation.

So our next task was breaking ground with a pick or giant hoe, shoveling that into a wheelbarrow, wheeling that across the yard, over the hill, and behind the church (hmm...sounds like a song). There they are preparing to wet it down, flatten it out and cover it with rock so as to make a sort of patio where there was a kind of dip before.

Overall it was a good day, just extremely tiring and painful!

I lava you all so much

No comments:

Post a Comment